The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Well, I've been on a bit of a break from the blog - a trip to see my new nephew and time to finish my semester - and now I'm back.  I had a fantastic time meeting my new nephew and hanging out with my brother, sister-in-law, and mom, and a less fantastic time finishing the semester.  The grades are in, though, and the semester ended.  And now it's time to begin the summer...

For me, summer is the most wonderful time of the year.  Sure, I still have some work to do - in fact, this year more than most, because I signed on for some research projects (why? why?).  But summer is the time when stuff around the house gets done - and the stuff I love, like gardening, "spring" cleaning (even if it is summer), painting and sprucing the house, home improvement fixes, etc.  I love it.  I clean out closets, I paint rooms and hallways, I hang shelves, and I spackle.  I wallow in my house a bit.  I love my house, and making it even nicer and more organized and functional makes me incredibly happy.

And that includes the outside of the house, too.  I weed the beds, I plant new flowers and plants, I plant my vegetable and herb garden.  I set out plastic kiddie pools for the dogs and we get muddy and wet and have a fun time.

I do all the things I think about all year, but never have time to do them.

I have a project list a mile long this summer, as I do most summers, and the challenge is always in knowing where to start.  Because I have already started cleaning out the garage (with the hope that soon we can turn our storage room there into a pantry - more on that another time!), I need to finish that project.    And that will, undoubtedly, turn into yard work and gardening, because, if I'm going to plant veggies and plants this year, I need to do it soon, plus all the gardening equipment is in the garage.  I'll paint inside when it gets too hot to be outside, but not over 90 degrees (when you aren't supposed to use paint).

So, that's where it starts. I can't wait.  Happy Summer!

Comments

Popular Posts