Recipes!
I thought I'd post the recipes for the two things I announced publicly I'd be making this week (so far)...
Garlicky Baked Shrimp - from Real Simple
Total time: 25 min.
Serves 4 (or more, if one of the four is a five-year-old who refuses to eat anything but cheerios for dinner).
In a baking dish, combine shrimp (I used the Whole Foods frozen Key West wild shrimp - 1 bag), 4 cloves of garlic, sliced, and two tablespoons white wine. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with a mixture of 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Bake at 425 until the shrimp are opaque, 15 to 18 min. I serve with crusty bread.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - from Bon Appetit
Makes 12 muffins, which will almost assuredly be gone soon after cooling to a decently warm temp.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 2 large) - I have found the measurement makes them taste more banana-y, rather than just using two bananas (I must have less than large bananas or something).
1 large egg
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, and milk in a medium bowl. Stir the banana mixture into the dry mixture just until blended (do not overmix). Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide batter among muffin cups, each about 3/4 full. Bake until pale golden on top and tester comes out clean with some melted chocolate on it, about 32 minutes (mine were done after 30, FYI). Transfer to rack and cool.
Enjoy!!


I love shrimp so much but my husband won't eat it due to an unfortunate shrimp cocktail overdose many New Year's Eves ago.
ReplyDeleteCan you picture the hell I must endure living without shrimp? :)
Honestly, I don't know how you go on. (Did you get my comment to your blog earlier? I didn't get a reply, so maybe I didn't fix my no-reply problem?!? Thanks!)
Delete