Menu for Week of October 22
Happy Sunday, y'all!
I'm trying to use today to get ready for this nutty week of grading papers. To that end, here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Creamy Rice with Roasted Shrimp, from Real Simple:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/creamy-rice-roasted-shrimp-recipe-00000000020563/index.html
Tuesday: Roast Chicken with Octo Vinaigrette, from Catherine Newman: http://spoonful.com/recipes/roast-chicken-with-ginger-vinaigrette
And some popovers, because I love them and they scream "fall food" to me.
Wednesday: Cheese tortellini (in the freezer, from Costco)
Thursday: Maple-glazed salmon, from Real Simple:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/maple-glazed-salmon-00100000074102/index.html
Friday: Soccer practice/free for all.
There are some common themes here: the recipes are easy, which is good because I'm grading papers this week. The recipes are for comfort-ish food, cuz that's what I want when I'm grading. Lastly, the recipes, hopefully, are sorta healthy, which is important because I tend to eat junk when grading. Trying not to do that this time.
What are you making this week? Has fall made you crave comfort foods?
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm trying to use today to get ready for this nutty week of grading papers. To that end, here's my menu for the week:
Monday: Creamy Rice with Roasted Shrimp, from Real Simple:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/creamy-rice-roasted-shrimp-recipe-00000000020563/index.html
Tuesday: Roast Chicken with Octo Vinaigrette, from Catherine Newman: http://spoonful.com/recipes/roast-chicken-with-ginger-vinaigrette
And some popovers, because I love them and they scream "fall food" to me.
Wednesday: Cheese tortellini (in the freezer, from Costco)
Thursday: Maple-glazed salmon, from Real Simple:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/maple-glazed-salmon-00100000074102/index.html
Friday: Soccer practice/free for all.
There are some common themes here: the recipes are easy, which is good because I'm grading papers this week. The recipes are for comfort-ish food, cuz that's what I want when I'm grading. Lastly, the recipes, hopefully, are sorta healthy, which is important because I tend to eat junk when grading. Trying not to do that this time.
What are you making this week? Has fall made you crave comfort foods?
Thanks for stopping by.


I have exactly two meals planned for this week:
ReplyDeleteMonday: Leftover Eggplant Pasta
Tuesday: Beef Stew
I have been craving beef stew and I finally got all the ingredients together. That will be in the crockpot on Tuesday. The husband is out of town from Monday - Wednesday, so I HAVE to be planned out, otherwise it is chaos.
Karen,
ReplyDeleteYour menu for the week looks great. I've made that maple-glazed salmon recipe from Real Simple before and it came out well. It's nice and easy, too. I just tried a new recipe from Real Simple last week for tilapia fish cakes. They were so good, and the kiddos really loved them -- in fact the big one took the leftovers for school lunch the next day. Here it is:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/dijon-fish-cakes-00000000057186/
Thanks for sharing your menu -- I love seeing what you'll be cooking!
-- Courtney
Oooh! Thanks, Courtney! I'll have to try that. I bet our kiddos would love them, too.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete