Put It Back Together Ptuesday!
Well, there's no day of the week that starts with "P." So, I unilaterally decided that today is Ptuesday, like Pteranodon or Pterodactyl.
Where have I been?!?!? (I know you've been wondering...and thank you for that.)
In my "regular" job, I am a legal writing, research, and advocacy professor at a law school. So, three times during the fall semester and twice during the spring, I'm grading student papers. Lots of student papers. I just finished reviewing and commenting on 36 10-page legal memos from my students. This grading period is always especially challenging because I also am teaching several classes during this time and a few of these classes I was teaching differently this year, which kind of stressed me out a bit.
But enough about work...I'm happy to be back.
After any of these grading periods, I feel a need to clean and organize. I feel like, during the grading period, I have my head down, nose to the grindstone, and I don't really care about the dog-hair dust-bunnies all over the floor or the beds being unmade or my closet looking like a tornado hit it.
But after grading, I feel a need to create order from chaos. I feel a need to re-ground myself at home, in a sense. Setting everything back to normal, as much as we are normal here at Dogs Don't Eat Pizza HQ.
So, today the process of putting my home and life back together begins. Like a "fall cleaning" of sorts. My closet needs to be switched from summer clothes to fall clothes. I'm ready to get out my sweaters and boots (yes, I know it's going to be 80 on Friday - humor me. It's October, after all). I need to plan the menu for the week and go to the grocery to get provisions. I need to sort through the papers that have piled up on my (beautiful) kitchen counter. I need to start getting out the fall and Halloween decorations.
I need to wallow in not grading and being home (aaaaah).
I don't yet have a menu for the week, but I will post it when I do. I think tonight, since we have shrimp in the freezer, we're going to have baked shrimp, with garlic and lemon and breadcrumbs. Yum.
I'm glad to be back, peeps. Thanks for hanging with me and stopping by again.
Where have I been?!?!? (I know you've been wondering...and thank you for that.)
In my "regular" job, I am a legal writing, research, and advocacy professor at a law school. So, three times during the fall semester and twice during the spring, I'm grading student papers. Lots of student papers. I just finished reviewing and commenting on 36 10-page legal memos from my students. This grading period is always especially challenging because I also am teaching several classes during this time and a few of these classes I was teaching differently this year, which kind of stressed me out a bit.
But enough about work...I'm happy to be back.
After any of these grading periods, I feel a need to clean and organize. I feel like, during the grading period, I have my head down, nose to the grindstone, and I don't really care about the dog-hair dust-bunnies all over the floor or the beds being unmade or my closet looking like a tornado hit it.
But after grading, I feel a need to create order from chaos. I feel a need to re-ground myself at home, in a sense. Setting everything back to normal, as much as we are normal here at Dogs Don't Eat Pizza HQ.
So, today the process of putting my home and life back together begins. Like a "fall cleaning" of sorts. My closet needs to be switched from summer clothes to fall clothes. I'm ready to get out my sweaters and boots (yes, I know it's going to be 80 on Friday - humor me. It's October, after all). I need to plan the menu for the week and go to the grocery to get provisions. I need to sort through the papers that have piled up on my (beautiful) kitchen counter. I need to start getting out the fall and Halloween decorations.
I need to wallow in not grading and being home (aaaaah).
I don't yet have a menu for the week, but I will post it when I do. I think tonight, since we have shrimp in the freezer, we're going to have baked shrimp, with garlic and lemon and breadcrumbs. Yum.
I'm glad to be back, peeps. Thanks for hanging with me and stopping by again.


I'm happy you're back! Don't you hate it when they expect you to do work when you're at work? ;)
ReplyDeleteSooooo good to have you back. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you guys! Thank you!!! xo
ReplyDelete