Hitting the Wall

It's official...today, I hit the proverbial wall.

I have been going and going lately - doing projects, painting, dealing with kitchen stuff, we had M's birthday in there, plus doing some actual work work.  In addition, someone in my house has woken me up during the night every night for about a week.  Sometime between 2 AM and 4 AM, someone wanders in, or a dog freaks out over thunder, or something, and I'm up.  It wears on you after a while.

So today, it hit me.  I spackled D's room, took M for her check up, took her to camp, had lunch, and...I crashed.  I got in my bed and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  I slept for about an hour, when Hank the Dog heard thunder and came to let me know (he puts his head under my head and lifts up, waking me up. Genius.).

I wish I could say that I felt better after the nap.  I guess I felt at least a little better because I could function after I woke up (a major improvement on my pre-nap state), but I'm still exhausted.  Hopefully tonight people will let me sleep.  I think one good night's sleep would do an amazing amount of good.

So, no real progress today on D's room.  But sometimes you just have to take time to breathe, or sleep, or both.  Tomorrow is another day, after all.

Good night, y'all.  Sleep well.  Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

  1. I have hit many a wall myself. I would say to take a break, but if you're like me, the break wouldn't last long because you've just gotta do SOMETHING! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The good news is that I got a good night's sleep (finally!) last night, so I feel like a new person this morning. Off to tackle my son's room!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts