Progress! Crossing things off the to-do list.
Yesterday, I told you all about my to-do list for the rest of the summer here. I did accomplish the first thing on that list - I finished M's room! I hung the other shelf, put all her stuff back in the room (cleaned out and organized, of course), and finished the last no-sew Roman shade. Here's the final result:
I love how it turned out and, more importantly, M is happy with how it turned out. Woo hoo! Project done.
Next on the list: my son's room. He wants me to paint it Duke blue, with the Duke logo (the "D" with the devil in it) on one wall. After thinking about it and talking to our contractor/friend/builder/handyman/nice guy extraordinaire, we agreed that it would just be too dark. Also, it would be a PAIN to cover it when he decides it's too dark or that he wants something different.
So, now I have two more things to do: (1) find a lighter color to paint the room, maybe a light gray/almost white; and (2) convince D that it's better than the Duke blue he wants.
Also, I have to decide whether I'm going to paint the Duke "D" logo, or whether I should order a Fathead wall decal instead. The Fathead is pricey, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it because it'd be more precise and thus likely better than what I could do. That said, what I could do would be almost free, since I already have some white paint here, and a friend has graciously agreed to lend me an overhead projector. And I have drawn the logo before (actually - don't laugh - I carved it into a pumpkin once), so there's that.
I am going to need more coffee and a trip to the paint store to see what I can find. Wish me luck.
Any thoughts? What would you do?
As always, thanks for stopping by.
I love how it turned out and, more importantly, M is happy with how it turned out. Woo hoo! Project done.
Next on the list: my son's room. He wants me to paint it Duke blue, with the Duke logo (the "D" with the devil in it) on one wall. After thinking about it and talking to our contractor/friend/builder/handyman/nice guy extraordinaire, we agreed that it would just be too dark. Also, it would be a PAIN to cover it when he decides it's too dark or that he wants something different.
So, now I have two more things to do: (1) find a lighter color to paint the room, maybe a light gray/almost white; and (2) convince D that it's better than the Duke blue he wants.
Also, I have to decide whether I'm going to paint the Duke "D" logo, or whether I should order a Fathead wall decal instead. The Fathead is pricey, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it because it'd be more precise and thus likely better than what I could do. That said, what I could do would be almost free, since I already have some white paint here, and a friend has graciously agreed to lend me an overhead projector. And I have drawn the logo before (actually - don't laugh - I carved it into a pumpkin once), so there's that.
I am going to need more coffee and a trip to the paint store to see what I can find. Wish me luck.
Any thoughts? What would you do?
As always, thanks for stopping by.




Comments
Post a Comment