From Blah to Bright
In this post, I talked about how brown and beige my home had become, and how I wasn't so happy about that. It's not really me. It's neutral, it's safe, but it's not really me.
This area in our living room, behind the sofa, particularly stood out with its beigey-ness:
The candlesticks are fine, but the rest is so ... yawn... boring. Beige. Brown. Off-white. Yawn.
I had been pondering how to change it up, and then I found this beauty:
I found it when I first walked into a furniture consignment store. $27 for the lamp and shade. Perfect.
Also, you may remember that I bought this print for $6.00 at the big church garage sale:
It's actually a signed and numbered print - not bad for $6 - plus it represents part of Atlanta I love, the Atlanta Botanical Garden. This week, I got a new frame for it at Target for $24.99. I added some silk tulips that I got for a song a long, long, long time ago at a going-out-of-business sale.
And voila! This is what that same beige, blah area looks like now:
I love how the colors coordinate with the colors of the couch pillows and the floral in the one pillow. I love the pop of color now back there, especially as the backdrop for our big huge neutral-colored sectional.
Here's the side-by-side comparison:
What have you done to add pops of color in your spaces?
As always, thank you for stopping by.
This area in our living room, behind the sofa, particularly stood out with its beigey-ness:
The candlesticks are fine, but the rest is so ... yawn... boring. Beige. Brown. Off-white. Yawn.
I had been pondering how to change it up, and then I found this beauty:
I found it when I first walked into a furniture consignment store. $27 for the lamp and shade. Perfect.
Also, you may remember that I bought this print for $6.00 at the big church garage sale:
It's actually a signed and numbered print - not bad for $6 - plus it represents part of Atlanta I love, the Atlanta Botanical Garden. This week, I got a new frame for it at Target for $24.99. I added some silk tulips that I got for a song a long, long, long time ago at a going-out-of-business sale.
And voila! This is what that same beige, blah area looks like now:
I love how the colors coordinate with the colors of the couch pillows and the floral in the one pillow. I love the pop of color now back there, especially as the backdrop for our big huge neutral-colored sectional.
Here's the side-by-side comparison:
![]() |
| BEFORE |
![]() |
| AFTER |
What have you done to add pops of color in your spaces?
As always, thank you for stopping by.








Comments
Post a Comment