Welcome!
Welcome and Happy New Year! I have been wanting to write a blog for some time, but several things made me pause. There are a bajillion (estimated) blogs out there. Who would want to read this? Do I want anyone to read this? But, now that we're starting a new year, I've decided to go with it.
I'll start by answering a few questions I know are really gnawing at you right now:
(1) What will this blog be about?
Mainly about what I'm thinking about...whether that be what I'm cooking; musings about parenting, kids, dogs, etc.; what's going on in my life. I'd like it to be interesting and maybe even helpful to others, but not in a saving the world kind of way. Well, except for getting on my soapbox about food and recycling (separate topics) - more on that later.
(2) Why should I read this blog?
Um, I don't know. You like me. You like cooking and food. You are a parent in need of five minutes to yourself. I'll try to make it funny. Sounds promising, right? (Right?!?)
(3) Who are you?
I am a wife, mother of two little kids, and dog parent to a yellow lab and golden retriever (both rescues - I'm sure that will come up during my blogging adventures). I also teach writing, research and advocacy to first-year law students. I like to say I'm a "recovering lawyer."
(4) What does the title of the blog mean?
With two little kids and a husband whose favorite food is pepperoni pizza, we eat pizza a lot in this house. Our yellow lab always thinks she should get some (the golden retriever never was fed people-food in his former life before we adopted him, so he's clueless about people-food. He's also not the brightest bulb on the porch.). So, about once a week, I have to say, "No, Bear. Dogs don't eat pizza." It's become such an integral part of my life that I thought it'd be a good title for a blog about what's going on in my life. That, and it's a bit mysterious.
Lastly, a few ground rules. We play nice on this blog. I am a firm believer in "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I will make my posts as nice as can be (except for really, really egregious problems, which hopefully will be few and far between; I do get outraged from time to time) and I would love for your comments to also be nice. Then we'll all join hands and sing "Kumbaya."
With that, welcome to Dogs Don't Eat Pizza. I'm glad you stopped by.
-k
I'll start by answering a few questions I know are really gnawing at you right now:
(1) What will this blog be about?
Mainly about what I'm thinking about...whether that be what I'm cooking; musings about parenting, kids, dogs, etc.; what's going on in my life. I'd like it to be interesting and maybe even helpful to others, but not in a saving the world kind of way. Well, except for getting on my soapbox about food and recycling (separate topics) - more on that later.
(2) Why should I read this blog?
Um, I don't know. You like me. You like cooking and food. You are a parent in need of five minutes to yourself. I'll try to make it funny. Sounds promising, right? (Right?!?)
(3) Who are you?
I am a wife, mother of two little kids, and dog parent to a yellow lab and golden retriever (both rescues - I'm sure that will come up during my blogging adventures). I also teach writing, research and advocacy to first-year law students. I like to say I'm a "recovering lawyer."
(4) What does the title of the blog mean?
With two little kids and a husband whose favorite food is pepperoni pizza, we eat pizza a lot in this house. Our yellow lab always thinks she should get some (the golden retriever never was fed people-food in his former life before we adopted him, so he's clueless about people-food. He's also not the brightest bulb on the porch.). So, about once a week, I have to say, "No, Bear. Dogs don't eat pizza." It's become such an integral part of my life that I thought it'd be a good title for a blog about what's going on in my life. That, and it's a bit mysterious.
Lastly, a few ground rules. We play nice on this blog. I am a firm believer in "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I will make my posts as nice as can be (except for really, really egregious problems, which hopefully will be few and far between; I do get outraged from time to time) and I would love for your comments to also be nice. Then we'll all join hands and sing "Kumbaya."
With that, welcome to Dogs Don't Eat Pizza. I'm glad you stopped by.
-k


Yay! I support you! I also want to have drinks with you. Can I support you by buying you drinks?
ReplyDeleteMost definitely! Let's plan something soon! I can't believe how long it's been!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the world of blogging! Love it!
ReplyDelete