Menu for the Week
Now that school is back in full swing and my kitchen is complete (wahoo!), I thought I'd get back to menu planning. I like planning the week's meals on Sunday because (a) it allows me to make my grocery list for the week. Having a detailed grocery list is good because it prevents me from buying food that I would eventually not use and throw out, thereby saving money and food; and (b) I don't end up with the daily 5 PM panic of "what in the world do I want to make/eat for dinner." By then, I'm tired, we're all cranky, and I am of the mindset that cereal sounds like a perfect dinner.
So, here's my menu plan for this week:
Sunday: Brisket in the slow cooker; roasted vegetables; apples and honey (for Rosh Hashana). I'm also going to put on a pot of chicken soup (I'm grading my students' first batch of papers this week; soup is good food for that.).
Monday: leftovers and soup
Tuesday: breakfast for dinner (one of my faves!); make extra bacon for tomorrow night (mmm...extra bacon...).
Wednesday: tortellini with bacon and peas. Recipe here: http://www.thescramble.com/wp-content/uploads/fall-2010-week-13.pdf. Served with a salad or green vegetable.
Thursday: BBQ chicken, either grilled or in the slow cooker for a quick meal. Served with rolls (to make little sammiches) and grilled veggies.
Friday: We have soccer practice on Friday nights, so this is tricky. I'm going to try to have all the stuff made to make pizza at home, but there's a good chance we'll just pick something up on the way home from practice.
So, there you go - this week's meals. What are you planning to make/eat this week? I'd love to hear your ideas and yummy recipes.
As always, thanks for stopping by.
So, here's my menu plan for this week:
Sunday: Brisket in the slow cooker; roasted vegetables; apples and honey (for Rosh Hashana). I'm also going to put on a pot of chicken soup (I'm grading my students' first batch of papers this week; soup is good food for that.).
Monday: leftovers and soup
Tuesday: breakfast for dinner (one of my faves!); make extra bacon for tomorrow night (mmm...extra bacon...).
Wednesday: tortellini with bacon and peas. Recipe here: http://www.thescramble.com/wp-content/uploads/fall-2010-week-13.pdf. Served with a salad or green vegetable.
Thursday: BBQ chicken, either grilled or in the slow cooker for a quick meal. Served with rolls (to make little sammiches) and grilled veggies.
Friday: We have soccer practice on Friday nights, so this is tricky. I'm going to try to have all the stuff made to make pizza at home, but there's a good chance we'll just pick something up on the way home from practice.
So, there you go - this week's meals. What are you planning to make/eat this week? I'd love to hear your ideas and yummy recipes.
As always, thanks for stopping by.


Our meals are pretty standard this week but on Wednesday I'm making manicotti. It's my favorite thing in the whole world. :)
ReplyDeleteYum! Would you share the recipe? I've never made it.
DeleteThank you! I will check out your blog!
ReplyDelete