Grateful
I know that I have said many, many times how much I love my new kitchen. But how useful and functional my kitchen is was made crystal clear today. Here's why:
(1) I made my first pot of soup in the new kitchen. My and my daughter's favorite soup is my mother's recipe for chicken soup. Sometimes I put noodles in it; sometimes, matzo balls. Either way, it's the best chicken soup in the world and will instantly make you feel better and warm and fuzzy inside.
I could not believe how much easier it is to make soup in my new kitchen. First of all, the sink neck extends so that it is super easy to fill the pot with water, without putting the pot in the sink (we had a stationary faucet before). Second, the middle burner on my cooktop is a simmer burner inside a big ol' burner with tons of power. I have never brought anything to a boil as fast as I have on that burner. It's like half the time of our old stove. It brought the big pot of soup to boil in record time, then I turned off the big burner and let it simmer in its chickeny goodness.
Third, straining the soup (to get out the chicken bones and little veggie bits that I don't want) has always been a colossal disaster. The soup splattered and went everywhere. But now, in our 9-inch deep sink, it's much neater. I can fit the smaller soup pot in the sink with the big strainer, and, because the sink is so deep, if I splatter the soup when I pour it, it goes in the sink instead of all over the counter.
Lastly, the trash can pulls out right by the sink, so I can easily discard all the discards, like bones, right by the sink with little to no mess.
(2) I'm making brisket for dinner. My mother's brisket recipe cooks low and slow for about three hours. My old oven cooked too hot and had no timer. This oven cooks at precisely the right temp and has a timer! A timer is such a small thing, but so nice. So much easier.
On this Rosh Hashana (Jewish new year) eve, I just wanted to say how grateful I am for this new kitchen. I hope we have many yummy meals from this kitchen, in this year and after.
To all my Jewish peeps, L'Shana Tova. To all, may the year be filled with blessings and peace. Amen.
As always, thank you for stopping by.
(1) I made my first pot of soup in the new kitchen. My and my daughter's favorite soup is my mother's recipe for chicken soup. Sometimes I put noodles in it; sometimes, matzo balls. Either way, it's the best chicken soup in the world and will instantly make you feel better and warm and fuzzy inside.
I could not believe how much easier it is to make soup in my new kitchen. First of all, the sink neck extends so that it is super easy to fill the pot with water, without putting the pot in the sink (we had a stationary faucet before). Second, the middle burner on my cooktop is a simmer burner inside a big ol' burner with tons of power. I have never brought anything to a boil as fast as I have on that burner. It's like half the time of our old stove. It brought the big pot of soup to boil in record time, then I turned off the big burner and let it simmer in its chickeny goodness.
Third, straining the soup (to get out the chicken bones and little veggie bits that I don't want) has always been a colossal disaster. The soup splattered and went everywhere. But now, in our 9-inch deep sink, it's much neater. I can fit the smaller soup pot in the sink with the big strainer, and, because the sink is so deep, if I splatter the soup when I pour it, it goes in the sink instead of all over the counter.
Lastly, the trash can pulls out right by the sink, so I can easily discard all the discards, like bones, right by the sink with little to no mess.
(2) I'm making brisket for dinner. My mother's brisket recipe cooks low and slow for about three hours. My old oven cooked too hot and had no timer. This oven cooks at precisely the right temp and has a timer! A timer is such a small thing, but so nice. So much easier.
On this Rosh Hashana (Jewish new year) eve, I just wanted to say how grateful I am for this new kitchen. I hope we have many yummy meals from this kitchen, in this year and after.
To all my Jewish peeps, L'Shana Tova. To all, may the year be filled with blessings and peace. Amen.
As always, thank you for stopping by.


Enjoy your new kitchen in good health Karen! I wish many blessings for you and your family xox
ReplyDeleteThat sounds so wonderful, Karen! What a perfect way to begin a new year! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cris! ((hugs back))
DeleteThat is so great, your kitchen sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Priscilla!
Delete